Phyllis Richards Austin Icon for Children Award Finalists Selected
Finalists in Community Activist and Community Professional Categories Commended for Excellence in Improving Lives of Children in Central Texas
May 9, 2018 - Each year the community of Austin and Central Texas nominate individuals for the Phyllis Richards Austin Icon for Children Award. The award is bestowed on two individuals, one from each category of Community Activist and Community Professional, exemplifying excellence in improving outcomes for children.
Congratulations to the 2018 Phyllis Richards Austin Icon for Children Award finalists:
Community Activist Finalists
Category for individuals dedicated to positive outcomes for children through volunteerism and/or philanthropy.
● Sarah Madsen Cox, nominated by Ryan Therrell, for her work with the Clay Madsen Foundation.
● Beth Misner, nominated by Kristi Krauss, for her work with the BNI Foundation and the Misner Family Foundation.
● Cory Redding, nominated by Jeremy Howell, for his work with the Cory Redding Foundation and the Cory & Priscilla Redding Family scholarship.
● Lesa Rossick, nominated by Michael Torres, for her work with the Center for Child Protection and St. David’s Foundation’s Toast of the Town.
Community Professional Finalists
Category for individuals dedicated to positive outcomes for children through exemplifying excellence in their profession.
● Dr. Richard Yuen, nominated by Charles E. Bell, for his work with Lonestar Psychological Services.
● Susan Dawson, nominated by Libby Doggett, for her work with E3 Alliance.
● Isabel Huerta, nominated by Renee A. Higgerson, for her work with Sammy's House.
● Andra Liemandt, nominated by Amy Wagner, for her work with The Kindness Campaign.
Awards winners will be announced during this year’s 7th Annual Austin Originals Benefit Concert and Live Stream featuring Bob Schneider on August 18th, 2018- Austin Child Guidance Center’s (ACGC) yearly gala dedicated to raising funds for mental health services to children and their families of Central Texas. For ticket purchase click HERE.