Board Of Directors
The Austin Child Guidance Center (ACGC) is adding members to our Board of Directors and our Board committees! Come help a committed and fun group support accessible, high-quality mental health services to children and their families to empower them to thrive in childhood and beyond.
Board members lend their passion, skills, and expertise to help guide ACGC’s mission, from strategic planning to fundraising to operational oversight.
Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the organization’s mission and vision
- Ensure effective financial, legal, and administrative oversight
- Hire, support, and evaluate the Executive Director
- Ensure the organization has adequate funds to support its mission
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the organization
- Prior nonprofit board experience is preferred but not required
- The ACGC Board is currently seeking applicants with one or more of the following expertise –
- Fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Mental health and healthcare (e.g. children’s mental health clinician, pediatrician, mental health policy expert, healthcare insurance)
- Programmatic oversight
- Nonprofit board leadership
- Governmental relations
- Two-hour Mission Capital training during orientation
- Approximately six to eight hours per month
- Board terms are two years, with the option to renew for two additional terms (or a total of six consecutive years).