Fall 2018 Group Therapy
- Austin Child Guidance Center (ACGC) offers therapy groups for both children and parents.
- Groups will start in mid to late September, last 8 weeks long, and finish the week before Thanksgiving.
- They last 1 ½ hours and are held in the evenings at ACGC on the corner of 45th Street and Lamar.
- Groups are offered on a sliding fee scale (insurance is not accepted).
- Groups will only be offered in English at this time.
- Free childcare is available!
There will be two therapy groups this Fall 2018:
- Social Skills and Friendship Group: This group is for children ages 7 - 9 years old. In this group children will learn about body language, communication, and socially appropriate interactions. Start Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 from 6 - 7:30 PM
- Behavioral Parent Training - Managing Difficulty and Non-compliant Behaviors: Caregivers of children ages 5 - 12 years old attend this group to learn how to manage difficult to manage behaviors. These can include noncompliance, ADHD-attention and hyperactivity issues, and disruptive behaviors. Caregivers will learn how to understand their children’s misbehavior, increase compliance, and decrease disruptive behaviors. This group is now full. If you’d like to be added to the contact list for the next parent group offered in the spring of 2019, please add your information below.
Groups are filling up fast! Please contact us for more information. Groups will be offered again in the Spring 2019!