Austin Child Guidance Center’s Trauma Trainings
(ACGC) offers interactive, engaging and educational 1.5 hour trauma trainings that are tailored to the needs of various audiences, including professionals and parents. Trainings include information from the most current, brain-based research on trauma and incorporate materials from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
Trainings are offered by Seanna Crosbie, LCSW, Director of Program and Trauma-Informed Services. Ms. Crosbie has nearly 20 years of experience working with trauma survivors, chairs the Trauma-Informed Care Consortium of Central Texas, and has trained over 5,000 professionals on trauma-informed care both locally and statewide.
Training Topics Include:
- Trauma-Informed Care & Adverse Childhood Experience Study
- Creating Trauma-Informed Systems of Care within Organizations
- Trauma-Informed Care in the Classroom
- Mental health professionals
- Substance abuse counselors
- Residential staff
- School personnel/educators
- Law enforcement
- Medical professionals
- Childcare staff
- Juvenile justice